Rising maritime stars step into the spotlight with the Young Entrepreneur Award.
Part of ongoing efforts to further develop Nor-Shipping as an arena for the next generation, the Young Entrepreneur Award was launched in 2013. Open to nominees in all industry segments, it honors an under 40-year-old professional who has founded a successful company that addresses challenges or solutions in a new way.
The award will be handed out by His Royal Highness Crown Prince Haakon in front of a prominent industry audience at the Nor-Shipping Opening Conference. In addition the winner receives a free display area at the Nor-Shipping Sustainability & Disruptive Technology Hall during the Nor-Shipping week. Inlcuding extensive promotion during and after the Nor-Shipping week, with portrait interviews in leading maritime media. The passion and enthusiasm of past winners have made this award a highlight of the event week.
In 2015, the award went to Boyan Slat, CEO of The Ocean Cleanup, which he founded based on a technically feasible and financially viable method that targets the removal of half the Great Pacific Garbage Patch in 10 years’ time.
The winner of the Young Entrepreneur Award 2017: Tuomas Riski, Norsepower
Self-nominations are encouraged
Anyone, including the nominee him/herself can nominate candidates. Also anyone who is associated with a successful entrepreneur can nominate a candidate. This includes spouses, employees, bankers, attorneys, public relations managers or entrepreneurs themselves.
Applications are kept confidential, only the short-listed candidates and the winner will be published and announced.
Media partner Seatrade Maritime News & Award Partner YoungShip
Eligible candidates can come from any segment of the industry and anywhere in the world but may not be over the age of 40 at the time of Nor-Shipping 2017. The award winner shall have excelled within one or more of the following areas:
- Representing new concepts and solutions for existing or new industry challenges; technically, digitally and/or commercially
- Have the audacity & boldness to address a substantial/complex global challenge, creating new opportunities for the maritime industry
- Inspiring our industry to adopt best-practices from other industries, strengthening the industry position in an even more globalized world in rapid change
- New logistical solutions, looking at new ways for the industry to become even more efficient
- Creating jobs within the maritime sector
- Taking on the environmental challenges of the industry through one or several of the above criteria
The Young Entrepreneur 2017 Jury
An independent jury will select the four nominees, as well as the winner.
- Roberto Giorgi, Fraser Yachts Worldwide, Chairman
- Peter Hinchliffe, ICS and ISF, Secretary General
- Elisabeth Grieg, Grieg Group, Chair
- Chris Hayman, Seatrade Communications, Chair and owner
- Birgit Marie Liodden, Nor-Shipping, Director
- Kasper Winroth, YoungShip Oslo, Chair
- Richard Hayfield, YoungShip International, Secretary General
- Jules Kortenhorst, Carbon War Room, CEO
- Lasse Kristoffersen, Torvald Klaveness, President and CEO
- Nial McCollam, Lloyds Foundation, CTO
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Application deadline: Deadline for applying has passed.
Young Entrepreneur Award contact: