Part of ongoing efforts to further develop Nor-Shipping as an arena for the next generation, the Young Entrepreneur Award was launched in 2013. Open to nominees in all industry segments, it honors an under 40-year-old professional who has founded a successful company that addresses challenges or solutions in a new way. The award process will be managed by YoungShip International, the fast-growing international non-profit organization for young professionals in shipping.
The award will be handed out in front of a prominent industry audience at the Opening ceremony at the Oslo City Hall on 5 June 2023. The winner receives a free display area at the Nor-Shipping exhibition hall during the week, and extensive promotion during and after the Nor-Shipping week, with portrait interviews in leading maritime media. The passion and enthusiasm of past winners have made this award a highlight of the week.
Deadline for nomination is 6th February 2023
Eligible candidates can come from any segment of the industry and anywhere in the world but may not be over the age of 40 at the time of Nor-Shipping 2023. The award winner shall have excelled within one or more of the following areas:
- Representing new concepts and solutions for existing or new industry challenges; technically, digitally and/or commercially
- Have the audacity & boldness to address a substantial/complex global challenge, creating new opportunities for the maritime industry
- Inspiring our industry to adopt best-practices from other industries, strengthening the industry position in an even more globalized world in rapid change
- New logistical solutions, looking at new ways for the industry to become even more efficient
- Creating jobs within the maritime sector
- Taking on the environmental challenges of the industry through one or several of the above criteria
Call for entries
Nominations can be made by anyone within the international maritime community. Self-nominations are encouraged! You can nominate more than one candidate, using separate forms.
Submit your nomination here:
The 2023 Young Entrepreneur jury
An independent jury will select the four nominees, as well as the winner.
- Harald Solberg, CEO, Norwegian Shipowners’ Association
- Birgit M. Liodden, Founder & CEO, The Ocean Opportunity Lab
- Ståle Hansen, President and CEO, Skuld
- Pia Meling, Managing Director, Grieg Green AS
- Knut Arild Hareide, Director General of Shipping and Navigation, Norwegian Maritime Authority
- Synnøve Seglem, Deputy Managing Director, Knutsen OAS Shipping AS
- Per Martin Tanggaard, Director External Relations, Nor-Shipping
Young Entrepreneur Award contact: [email protected]
Christiaan Nijst, Founder & Director of Value Maritime,, were announced as winners of the 2022 Nor-Shipping Young Entrepreneur Award. Read more.