Part of ongoing efforts to further develop Nor-Shipping as an arena for the next generation, the Young Entrepreneur Award was launched in 2013. Open to nominees in all industry segments, it honors an under 40-year-old professional who has founded a successful company that addresses challenges or solutions in a new way. The award process will be managed by YoungShip International, the fast-growing international non-profit organization for young professionals in shipping.
The award will be handed out in front of a prominent industry audience at the Ocean Leadership Conference on 4 April 2022. In addition the winner receives a free display area at the Nor-Shipping Blue Economy Hall during the Nor-Shipping week. Inlcuding extensive promotion during and after the Nor-Shipping week, with portrait interviews in leading maritime media. The passion and enthusiasm of past winners have made this award a highlight of the week.
Eligible candidates can come from any segment of the industry and anywhere in the world but may not be over the age of 40 at the time of Nor-Shipping 2022. The award winner shall have excelled within one or more of the following areas:
- Representing new concepts and solutions for existing or new industry challenges; technically, digitally and/or commercially
- Have the audacity & boldness to address a substantial/complex global challenge, creating new opportunities for the maritime industry
- Inspiring our industry to adopt best-practices from other industries, strengthening the industry position in an even more globalized world in rapid change
- New logistical solutions, looking at new ways for the industry to become even more efficient
- Creating jobs within the maritime sector
- Taking on the environmental challenges of the industry through one or several of the above criteria
Call for entries
Nominations can be made by anyone within the international maritime community. Self-nominations are encouraged! You can nominate more than one candidate, using separate forms.
Nomination deadline: Closed
The Young Entrepreneur jury
An independent jury will select the four nominees, as well as the winner.
- Lasse Kristoffersen, President and CEO, Torvald Klaveness.
- Elisabeth Grieg, Director of the Board and Chair of Grieg Maturitas, Grieg Group.
- Ståle Hansen, President and CEO, Skuld.
- Agnes Árnadóttir, Co-founder and CEO, Brim Explorer and former winner of YE Award.
- Vanessa Fajans-Turner, Principal, Investable Oceans.
- Despina Panayiotou Theodosiou, Co-CEO Tototheo Maritime Ltd & President WISTA International
- Per Martin Tanggaard, Director External Relations, Nor-Shipping.
- Eleanor Scudder, Secretary General, YoungShip International.
Young Entrepreneur Award contact: [email protected]
Agnes Árnadóttir and Espen Larsen-Hakkebo, the CEO and CFO of Brim Explorer, were announced as winners of the 2019 Nor-Shipping Young Entrepreneur Award. Read more.