We congratulate the winners of the From Problem to Profit competition 2017; Dig Vijay Singh and Daniele Borri!
We were truly inspired by the presentation from all the finalists and it was a difficult decision for the judges. But Dig and Daniele had an outstanding pitch and innovative contribution that secured them first place. They won the top prize of NOK 100.000,- for their project “Clean drinking water to milions from ships”.
Astrid Sonneveld and Isabel Welten with the “Goodshipping Program” won an entire year of personal coaching by the Executive Vice President and Chief Sustainability Operator of DNV GL, Bjørn Haugland.
While Gøril Tjetland and the project “How can a ship be used to harvest energy?” won personal coaching by the Nor-Shipping Director Birgit M. Liodden and the opportunity to pitch her project for industry professionals.
– Marianne Steinberg and Felix Condry: Adaptable setup of autonomous ships
– Gøril Tjetland: How can a ship be used to harvest energy?
– Isabel Welten and Astrid Sonneveld: Goodshipping Program
– Rupa Naik: Ship based integrated garbage and sewage treatment plant
– Dig Vijay Singh and Daniele Borri: Clean drinking water to milions from ships
Bjørn Haugland, EVP & Chief Sustainability Officer, DNV GL
Hedda Felin, SVP UK & Ireland Offshore, Statoil
Paul Holthus, CEO, World Ocean Council
Benedicte Teigen Gude, GVP Corp. Communication, Wilh. Wilhelmsen
Birgit M. Liodden, Director, Nor-Shipping
Danae Bezantakou, Managing Director, Navigator Shipping Consultants & Young Global Leader
Moderator: Anita Krohn-Traaseth & Paul Katsouris